Super Bowl Walk 2020 by Greg Stone
Support the 2021 Membership Fund today
On behalf of the Westport Land Conservation Trust (WLCT), I am sending my best wishes for your well-being and your family’s health. Last year was challenging with much uncertainty for us all. Your unwavering support helped WLCT provide opportunities for people to connect with nature, save one of Westport’s most iconic farms, and focus on our mission with determination and resolve. One year later and we have so much to be thankful for, and to celebrate. As we emerge from the COVID-19 pandemic, WLCT will be here for you!
What is WLCT doing right now? We are:
- Stewarding and managing over 15 miles of trails across Westport that are seeing record visitation. You will see improved visitor access at Herb Hadfield, Westport Woods, Dunham’s Brook, and many more properties. In the coming months we hope to add an additional 2 miles of trails on newly acquired land.
- Completing the 125-acre Santos Farm project. This includes selling the 80-acre protected farm parcel to the Ferry Family, and restoring habitat on the 45-acre parcel that was added to the Herb Hadfield Conservation Area.
- Protecting the 12-acre Walt’s Farm property on Brigg’s Road, a north end community icon. The protected farm will be sold to a farmer in July.
- Completing the WLCT visitor education room at Westport Woods, where we bring the outdoors in and inspire further exploration across town.
- Moving our office into 573 Adamsville Road at Westport Woods, now WLCT’s permanent office and new space for future operations.
WLCT recognizes that 2020 was a challenging year, and we are doing our best to be here for you in 2021. Your gift to WLCT’s 2021 Membership Fund will support our ability to continue to provide high quality access to the outdoors and opportunities for the public to enjoy all Westport has to offer.