WLCT has a fun and exciting opportunity for someone who enjoys fundraising and communications work. Come join the team as our new Development and Communications Coordinator!
About the Position:
The Development and Communications Coordinator will be an integral part of the WLCT Development team, providing support for all fundraising activities including but not limited to mailings, special events, gift processing, and donor coordination, and coordinating and implementing WLCT’s communications strategy including newsletters, press releases, and social media. The Development & Communications Coordinator plays a crucial role stewarding donor relationships, coordinating administrative functions as well as providing high quality customer service for WLCT’s constituency. The Development & Communications Coordinator will report to the Executive Director and assist in other WLCT events or programmatic initiatives as assigned.
Executive Director (At times will receive direction from fundraising consultants or Development Committee Chairperson)
Primary Position Responsibilities:
WLCT Donor Engagement
- Lead and execute the annual Spring and Fall mailings including approximately 1,000 constituents to support WLCT’s operational funds (traditionally called Membership and Annual Fund).
- Participate in and provide administrative support for meetings to engage donors.
- Prepare development related briefings, solicitation letters, and other materials.
- Respond to calls from donors, members, prospects, volunteers, community members and staff.
Gift Acknowledgment, Reporting & Database Coordination
- Maintain an accurate and up to date donor database with over 1,300 records (Salsa Labs CRM).
- Collect gifts from various sources (mail, online, etc…) and document for audit.
- Prepare letters and other correspondence including, but not limited to gift acknowledgements, and coordinate follow-up with staff and volunteers in a timely manner.
- Accurately track pledges, campaign progress and produce reports as directed.
- Assist with public and private grant applications and reports, including drafting applications and reports, and tracking deadlines.
Development Committee Tasks
- Prepare materials for Development Committee meetings, attend meetings and distribute meeting minutes.
- Follow up with staff and volunteers to ensure timely completion of action items from meetings.
Event Planning & Communications
- Assist with planning and execution of all donor-related events including, but not limited to creating initiations and invitation lists, tracking RSVPs, and generating relevant materials.
- Coordinate WLCT’s communication strategy to over 2,400 constituents utilizing the Salsa Engage e-newsletter platform, social media, as well as traditional print media (Press Releases, Advertisement, etc…) including producing monthly stories
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Commitment to the mission of Westport Land Conservation Trust (WLCT)
- Enthusiasm for fundraising work in a conservation environment, with a strict sense of confidentiality, discretion and respect for information privacy
- Strong writing and customer service skills, professionalism and attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite specifically Microsoft Excel
- Experience using a database and running reports (preferred experience with Salsa Labs Software)
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks
- Familiarity with Westport and the South Coast of Massachusetts is a plus
Hours, Salary & Benefits:
The Development & Communications Coordinator position is an exempt full-time year-round salary position. WLCT offers a health care stipend and participation in a 401(k) program. Regular working hours are generally within WLCT office hours from 8am-5pm, but will also require occasional evening or weekend commitments. Compensation will be $49,000/annually.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should submit their resume, cover letter and three references to:
Development & Communications Coordinator Search
Westport Land Conservation Trust
P.O. Box 3975
Westport, MA 02790
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Accepting applications through February 10th, 2023. The position is considered open until filled. An announcement will be posted on our website www.westportlandtrust.org when the position has been filled.