Annual giving is the lifeblood of WLCT, providing the financial foundation that allows the land trust to protect vital community resources. Over the past 46 years, the annual engagement and support of the community—volunteers, donors, board members, and Westport residents—have strengthened the Land Trust. WLCT’s achievements are a direct result of the hard work and annual support of the Westport community. Our annual fund campaign begins January 1 of each year and ends on December 31. Like many organizations, we place an emphasis on end-of-year giving through a more concentrated drive beginning in November of each year. Your generous gift to our annual appeal makes it possible for WLCT to:
- Steward over 800 acres of publicly accessible land with over 12 miles of trails and pristine habitat
- Host over 1,000 participants in our outdoor programs each year
- Steward and Monitor over 1,300 acres of privately conserved land
- Engage over 50 volunteers who provide over 2,500 hours of service each year
- Protect Westport’s unique character by conserving on average 100 acres per year
Your annual fund gift helps connect people of all ages with the land.