Our goal is to protect 100 acres of land per year in Westport! Projects do vary and WLCT often must raise funds to acquire, steward or protect properties in perpetuity. Each year we have a variety of projects a donor. A donor can contribute to the suite of special projects or designate their gift to a specific project. More information about our current special projects can be found below. If you are interested in supporting a specific project, our Executive Director or Director of Special Projects can provide more information and can be reached by calling (508) 636-9228.
Recent Special Projects:
- Acquisition of the 82-acre former St. Vincent de Paul Camp
- Acquisition of the 2.4-acre Wood Farm Central Village Pasture
- Partnership to Protect 15-acres of working farmland on Horseneck/Hixbridge Road with an Agricultural Preservation Restriction
- Acquisition of the 33-acre Strawberry Fields Property south of Rte. 177 North of the Head of the East Branch
- Founders Stewardship Endowment
In a truly grassroots effort, over 100 Westport families contributed to protecting the 82-acre former St. Vincent de Paul property from development.